As the OWNER/OCCUPIER of a building, you may require an evacuation scheme if the building is used for any one or more of the following:
- The gathering together, for any purpose, of 100 or more persons
- Providing employment facilities for 10 or more persons
- Providing accommodation for more than 6 persons
- Storing or processing hazardous substances in quantities exceeding the prescribed minimum amounts
- Providing early childhood facilities
- Providing nursing, medical or geriatric care
- Providing specialised care for people with disabilities
- Providing accommodation for persons under lawful detention
In the event of a building evacuation as a result of a fire, the role of fire warden is crucial to the safety of all building occupants. During an evacuation,the Building Warden represents FENZ until their arrival and, therefore, has authority over occupants of their building.
NOVA offers a comprehensive training course designed to prepare fire wardens for an emergency situation
Once a Trial Evacuation Scheme has been approved by FENZ regular 6 monthly trial or emergency evacuations are required to be held and documented.
NOVA EVACUATION SERVICES can run this process for you , ensuring that the correct procedures are followed before during and after the trial evacuation, including liaising with the NZ Fire Service and submitting written reports to all relevant parties.